Finding The Best DSLR Camera For Your Church
Every church needs to have a camera on hand that they can use to document special events. From youth gatherings to presentations during the service, being able to keep track of the life and special celebrations of a church is important for its history.
Unfortunately, really good cameras tend to be fairly expensive, which is why churches need to make sure that they choose the best option on the market for their use. While it can be tempting to buy the nicest camera on the market or try to stay within a very small budget when shopping, the best camera will be a combination of budget and power.
Knowing what to look for when shopping for a DSLR camera is important, as it will ensure that the church gets a camera powerful enough to meet the needs of the church while still being easy enough to use to ensure great shots.
The Canon EOS Rebel T7 is known for being an incredibly powerful DSLR camera that is able to take action shots, posed shots, and everything in between. Knowing why this is a good choice for your church will help you decide whether or not you have the money in the budget for this purchase.
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying A DSLR Camera For Your Church?
- Buying a DSLR camera takes some research so that you can be sure to choose the best one for your church. Make sure to consider the following features when shopping.
- Included Accessories – a great DSLR camera will come with everything that you need to use it, including memory cards, a carrying bag, lenses, filters, a tripod, and a flash. Having to buy all of these accessories individually can get really expensive.
- Focus Type – more advanced photographers will likely feel comfortable using a DSLR that has both manual and automatic focus options, while new photographers will want the comfort and safety that automatic focus offers them.
- LCD Size – the size of the camera’s LCD screen plays a huge role in how easily photographers can see the shot they just took, which can be really important for churches who take a lot of group shots. Even just 0.5” can make a huge difference in how easily the screen and the subject can be seen.
- Video Recording – high-quality DSLRs are able to record video, as well as take pictures. This is great for working on improving a church website or creating a video for the youth to show the congregation about their latest service project.
Why We Chose The EOS Rebel T7 Over Others
- This Photo4Less Top Value Camera and Lens with USA Warranty and manufacturer's supplied Accessories Kit Includes:
- Canon T7 EOS Rebel DSLR Camera - EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens - 2x Transcend 32GB UHS-I U1 SD Memory Card - 58mm 2X Professional Telephoto Lens - High Definition 58mm Wide Angle Lens
- Digital DSLR Auto Power Slave Flash - Photo4less DC59 Camera and Lens Case - RS-60 Remote Switch for Canon - 58mm Ultraviolet UV Protector Filter - Vivitar Memory Card Hardcase (24 Card Slots)
- 60" Camera Video Tripod - 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD) 58mm - Hi-Speed SD USB Card Reader - LCD Screen Protectors (Clear) - Table Top Tripod - Lens Cap Holder
- Shop With Confidence - Photo4Less is a CANON AUTHORIZED DEALER, so you can rest assure knowing that your purchase is fully backed by Canon USA Manufacturer’s WARRANTY and with Photo4less exceptional Customer Service.
Because it is loaded with a lot of features and settings that can improve overall picture quality, the Canon EOS Rebel T7 may take a while to learn how to use it correctly, but once it is understood, it provides exceptional photographs time and time again.
Although it is a little more advanced than a point and shoot camera, the automatic focus does a great job ensuring that pictures aren’t blurry. In addition, the Canon EOS Rebel T7 does a great job in both low light and high light settings, which is perfect for taking pictures inside a church and then moving outside for more shots.
The autofocus speed on this camera is fairly impressive, which allows users to quickly focus on their subject, snap a picture, and move on. It also features continuous shooting, which is perfect for trying to get action shots. While it only shoots at three frames/second, this is still fast enough for most churches to use.
The video function allows users to trim their video that they just shot, which is great for quickly making clips to be sent to the computer and uploaded to the website. Additionally, short videos of two to eight seconds can be merged together to create a longer highlight reel, which is great for showcasing members of the church.
What We Like and Dislike About The Canon EOS Rebel T7
The Canon EOS Rebel T7 is a really powerful DSLR that has a lot of great features that set it apart from other options on the market. One pro of investing in this camera is that it has a powerful Megapixel APS-C sensor. This means that the camera works really well even in low light situations.
The Canon EOS Rebel T7 also can be used for remote shooting. The powerful Camera Connect app allows for remote shooting, which is great for taking group shots.
Thanks to the onboard feature guide, this powerful DSLR is easy for even new photographers to use, ensuring that they get the best shot possible.
There are some drawbacks to buying and using this camera, and one is that the display is fixed and there isn’t a touch screen. Touch screens make navigating features and settings faster and easier, and photographers using the Canon EOS Rebel T7 need to rely on buttons in order to do so.
Additionally, the pop-up flash on the Canon EOS Rebel T7 isn’t the best for high-quality shots. Using an attached flash is a much better way to get a balanced and evenly illuminated shot.
Why We Feel You Should Consider This DSLR Camera For Your Church
One of the main reasons why most churches will be happy with the Canon EOS Rebel T7 is because it is just so easy to use. Unlike other DSLR cameras that require a professional to operate them, this powerful Canon camera is designed with features that help even beginners take great photographs.
The auto shooting options ensure great shots in any location in or around the church, while more advanced photographers will enjoy using the manual modes. This camera offers great color reproduction in both its photos and videos, ensuring true-to-life pictures that are impressive.
Not only is the Canon EOS Rebel T7 loaded with amazing features, but it is also surprisingly affordable, which is great for both larger and smaller churches. It’s a solid option for most churches simply because it is a great combination of price, image quality, and incredible features.
Even though more expensive models do come with more impressive features, the Canon EOS Rebel T7 is a reliable workhorse of a camera that is designed to withstand years of use without failing.
The Canon app is intuitive and easy to use, which helps make this camera even more impressive and powerful and makes it easy to quickly transfer pictures to a computer for printing or slideshows.