We hope you love the products we recommend. Just so you know, Easy Church Tech may collect a small percentage of the sales you make after clicking through a link on this page. Oh and FYI, the prices were accurate and the products were in stock at the time we published this article.
What Are The Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Brands In 2019?
You are blessed because I have done extensive research and spoken with many excellent guitarists in my world in order to bring you the best of the best in acoustic electric guitar brands. This article will help you be well informed when you decide to make your next big musical purchase. Here are five brands that I would like for you to consider:
It will depend on the sound that you are looking for, the type of music you will be playing and the unique features of the guitar that will determine your best option. Each brand has its own signature sound. Some are more expensive than others.
Also important is the feel of the guitar on your body. Some brands have rounded backs that conform to your body while some have flatbacks. You will need to “try on” each guitar you are considering to see how it feels to you. It’s a very personal thing!
Top 5 Acoustic Electric Guitar Brands
Martin has been around for over 180 years and is one of the oldest brands still going strong. They have been featured in many hit tunes. They are best known for top of the line $2000 plus guitars, but they also make great guitars for any budget. Martin Guitars are affordable and easy to play. They offer consistent quality and are great for beginners.
- The classic sound makes them great for nostalgic tones.
- The tones are warm.
- Folk and bluegrass music sound the best when played on a Martin.
- These guitars are renowned for their dreadnoughts.
- Few other manufacturers can achieve the famous Martin voice.
- They feature sensitive dynamics.
- Low-end models may be disappointing to a seasoned player.
- Inexpensive models have laminate tops.
- Their quality is good, although not spectacular.
Designed by a musician Orville Gibson, Gibson guitars were originally a sort of copy of a violin. They started making classic mandolins over 100 years ago before expanding to acoustic guitars and to their iconic electrics including the Les Paul SG and Flying V. They are the “Granddaddy” of guitars and they are made in the USA. However, they can be pricy and some feel that they have lost some of their quality in recent years. Peter Frampton and Jerry Garcia play Gibson guitars.
- Gibsons are best suited for bass sounds.
- They have a great low-end growl.
- Rock sounds best on a Gibson.
- They have a state-of-the-art facility, Gibson, USA”, near Nashville, TN, for repairing and restoring Gibsons.
Nearly 150 years in business, Epiphone’s innovation has kept it on the list of top acoustic electric guitars. Epiphone guitars are very affordable and rival many higher-priced guitars. However, the Epiphone brand can be subject to a “Les Paul argument”. The top is thinner than a Gibson and the tonewoods are of lesser quality. The Les Paul sound is very good, but not as rich or as deep as that of a Gibson. Paul McCartney played the Epiphone Casino and was featured on the cover of Guitar Player magazine with it in October 2005.
- Epiphone is most known for its Gibson sound.
- The Les Paul sound is superb.
- It is best suited for rock. Their Casino was most preferred by rockers of the 1960’s.
- Vintage models are coveted.
- They come with a lifetime guarantee.
- Because they are owned by Gibson, they may use Gibson designs and specs to make less expensive versions of high-end Gibson models.
Leo Fender, the designer of Fender guitars, was a machinist rather than a musician! If you own a Fender, you are a part of a community of Fender owners and lovers. Any well-known guitarist most likely owns a Fender. They have an amazing legacy and a tone that is all their own. There are truly famous models out there with that unique Fender tone. They are a pivotal company that helped shape the Rock n Roll hall of fame. Newer, cheaper models are sometimes not as well constructed as competitive models. There are other modern guitars with better quality for the same cost.
- They are best at high-end sounds.
- They can screech!
- Metal is their prized style of music.
- They are very good for rock, especially vintage rock.
- They are one of the largest names in music.
- They supply a wide range of accessories.
Known for their ease of playing and cutting-edge craftsmanship, Taylor Guitars has outstanding necks and fretboard construction. They are said to be comfortable to play. They are known also for their quality, but it is their extras that really set them apart. They are proficiently built and expertly designed. Taylor is the number one manufacturer of acoustic guitars in the United States. They specialize in acoustic guitars and semi-hollow electric guitars. The company was founded in 1974 by Bob Taylor and Kurt Listug.
- They do well with smooth, mellow tones.
- Smooth, slow music sounds great when played on a Taylor.
- They feature top-notch proprietary electronics.
- They are committed to using only sustainability sourced tonewood on all their guitars.
- They are known for their excellent customer service.
- They offer affordable options.
- Their high-end guitars are exceptional.
- They can be somewhat thin.
- They use their own pickup system, the “Expression System”.
I have given you some information to chew on here! Again, the choice you make when considering an acoustic electric guitar brand is highly subjective. Remember, you must first consider the sound you are after.
It is a good idea to listen to some of your best-liked guitar music and find out what guitar the artist is playing. Then, consider the type of music that you want to play. For example, some brands of acoustic electric guitars are best for soft, mellow music and some for screech! Don’t forget to “try on” any guitar that you are considering to see how it feels to you. Is it comfortable?
Lastly, check out the special features that each brand has to offer and see if they make a difference for you. All of this should be within your predetermined budget, of course! Enjoy!