- Frequent Questions About Broadcasting Church Services
- Best Video Cameras To Broadcast Church Services
- Top PTZ Camera To Broadcast Services
- Top PTZ Kit
- Best Professional Cameras For Broadcasting Church Services
- Great Prosumer Cameras For Church Services
- Final Thoughts On Broadcasting Church Services Online
In today’s world, broadcasting your church services have become as important as having a church website was 10 years ago.
Studies have shown that most millennials want to view 6 live streams of your church services before deciding to visit your church. That is a huge difference between the way we did church when I first started out in ministry compared to now. I bet it is for you as well!
5 years ago I decided to respond to this need within the church. I decided to learn how to broadcast our church services online. Over the years I have learned what works and what doesn’t work so well.
In this article, I have compiled a list of video cameras to broadcast church services. Hopefully this list, and many of the other articles on cameras, camcorders, live streaming, software, etc. will make your journey into the world of broadcasting easier than mine was.
Frequent Questions About Broadcasting Church Services
What is the best camera to use for live streaming?
The answer is “it depends.” Different cameras have different functions and abilities. Your live stream will have different needs from other live streams. Your budget will be different from other churches. So I can’t quantify what is best for you. I can, however, give you some recommendations.
- If you need really high definition video, then you want a professional model or prosumer model video camera. Handi-cams are not going to cut it.
- If you want your camera to be controlled from a booth, then you are going to want a remote-controlled camera called a PTZ camera.
- If you want your camera to directly connect to the internet, then you will want one that has wi-fi capability
- If you want something for free. You are out of luck. Your presence online is just as important as your presence in your community. Don’t out cheap yourself in your online presence. It will hinder your efforts at reaching people.
How do I connect my camcorder to my laptop to stream?
In order to connect a camera to a laptop, you need to convert the signal coming out of the camcorder to a USB signal. I recommend that you get a camera that has an HDMI output. You connect the HDMI output of the camera to the converter, you then connect the USB output of the converter to the USB input of your laptop or computer.
How do I record a live stream on YouTube?
What do I need for live streaming?
In order to live stream, you need…
- A camera
- A tripod
- An HDMI to USB converter
- A laptop
- Live streaming software
- A video switcher for multiple camera setups
Best Video Cameras To Broadcast Church Services
As I said earlier, there is no way I can quantify what is the best cameras to broadcast your church services. Your needs are unique. However here are the suggestions I have for you and I do believe you will find a suitable option for your needs.
Top PTZ Camera To Broadcast Services
PTZ cameras are my favorite for broadcasting church services. They are the most diverse and require the least amount of volunteers. They are the remote-controlled live streaming cameras.
There are many PTZ camera options out there but my favorite is the ones produced by PTZ Optics. They have embraced the church community and have a lot of helpful videos for churches.
Buy From Us At Church Technology Superstore
- Wide Dynamic Range: High performance in low light scenarios with
- Noise Reduction: 2D and 3D noise reduction with our latest “low noise CMOS sensor”
- Full Frame Rates: 1080p-60/50/30/25, 1080-60/50, 720p-60/50/30/25
- Broadcast Frame Rates: 1080p59.94/29.97, 1080i59.94, 720p59.94
- Advanced White Balance Modes: Simple One-push & New Kelvin Temperature Scale
- Warranty: 3 Year Parts & Labor Manufacturer Warranty
Top PTZ Kit
They also have a great kit that comes with everything you need.
A SYSTEM BUILT FOR STREAMING & RECORDING
Finally, a complete PTZ live streaming system built for your favorite video production software. It comes with 1 PTZ camera but is upgradeable to 4!
Easily use with Wirecast, vMix, OBS, xSplit, Livestream Studio and more to record powerful videos and/or live stream to the internet.
Best Professional Cameras For Broadcasting Church Services
In the first video, they talked about Black Magic Design for some of their equipment. I am a fan of Black Magic Design and especially their professional-grade cameras like the Ursa Mini. If you want a top-notch church broadcast then you want this camera.
- Super-35mm CMOS Sensor
- 4000 x 2160 Video up to 60p
- Compressed & Uncompressed Raw Recording
- Ready-to-Edit ProRes 444 + 422 Recording
- 12G-SDI Output, Timecode and REF Input
If you want another option, then you should consider the Canon XF405.
- 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS image sensor
- 15x Optical 4K UHD Zoom Lens with 5-Axis Optical Image Stabilization
- Dual DIGIC DV 6 Image Processors
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 4K UHD and Full HD Recording to Dual SD Card Slots
Great Prosumer Cameras For Church Services
If you just don’t have the budget for professional-grade video cameras then you can go with a prosumer grade camera without a total loss of video quality. The Panasonic HC-WXF991K and the Sony FDR-AX33 are good options.
- KIT INCLUDES 12 PRODUCTS -- All BRAND NEW Items with all Manufacturer-supplied Accessories + Full USA Warranties:
-  Panasonic HC-WXF991 Wi-Fi 4K Ultra HD Video Camera Camcorder +  Transcend 64GB SDXC U3 Card +  Heavy Duty Hard Case with Foam +
-  49mm (UV/CPL/ND8) Filters +  Vidpro Condenser Mic +  PD LED Video Light w/ Bracket +
-  PD 50" Compact Travel Tripod +  PD 2.5x Tele & .45x Wide Lens +  PD SD & MicroSD Card Reader +
-  PD 5pc Complete Cleaning Kit +  PD 8 SD Card Memory Card Case +  LCD Screen Protectors
- Capture 4K/24P/30P video that far exceeds HD resolution
- Zeiss lens w/ balanced optical Steady Shot image stabilization
- Direct Pixel read out for smooth edges and color gradation.Iris Diaphragm:6 blades
- Manual control ring (Iris/shutter/exposure/white balance). manual Iris control: F1. 8-F9. 6, shutter speed: manual Iris control (photo mode) 1/30–1/10000
- Versatile shooting w/ XAVC S3, AVCHD and MP4 codecs
- 0. 27” EVF (201K) and touch screen 3" Extra Fine LCD (921K)
- 5. 1Ch surround sound mic w/ manual audio controls
- Automatically creates highlight7 video in MP4 from multiple clips
- Connect, control, backup and share wirelessly with NFC2/Wi-Fi
- Broadcast live From your camcorder using upstream live-streaming
Final Thoughts On Broadcasting Church Services Online
Finally, once you have chosen which camera you will use for your church broadcast, you are going to need to decide on how you will get your signal to the various live streaming platforms. And if you want to stream simultaneously, how to do that.
One of the things I found when I was working on live streaming our church services was the fact that not every volunteer is tech-savvy. They need a simple solution.
That is why I worked on providing churches with the simplest solution possible with Easy Church Live Streaming. It is by far the simplest solution and it eliminates the need for software and a computer encoding the stream to go to Facebook, YouTube or uploading the video file to your church website. Plus it will stream to various sites all at the same time.
Check it out, I think you will love it!