Finding The Best Digital Video Camera For Your Church
Churches who want to be able to record special events in their church and update their website with videos that show the action and passion of their congregation need to invest in a high-quality digital video camera.
In the past, video cameras were huge and very difficult to manage, but new digital video cameras are updated, light, and easy to control.
Because there have been so many advances in the past few years, any church shopping for a digital video camera needs to make sure that they carefully choose the best one for their needs.
Understanding what to look for when shopping for a digital video camera won’t just ensure that a church makes a smart choice and buys the right one with the best features, but also will prevent a church from overspending.
This type of equipment is very expensive, but in order to buy a great digital video camera, churches need to have some money set aside to buy the highest quality option on the market.
The Nikon D7500 is one of the best options available on the market today and boasts high-quality features that make it an ideal digital video camera for many churches, no matter how technologically-savvy their members are.
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying A Digital Video Camera For Your Church?
Buying a digital video camera is not an easy decision, especially when there are so many different options available on the market. Knowing what features to consider will help a church make the right choice for their needs.
- LCD Screen – in order to be able to clearly see the video being shot, it’s a good idea to opt for an LCD screen that will tilt out of the camera. This makes it easy for the person shooting video to get the right angle while still being able to see.
- Microphone – a great microphone is imperative when shooting video or the sound quality will suffer. Some digital video cameras have jacks to use an external microphone for even better sound.
- Video Quality – 4K is now the gold standard for shooting video, so it’s important to look for a digital video camera that can easily shoot 4K, otherwise, the quality will be lower and may even appear grainy.
- Image Stabilization – there are few things more difficult or frustrating than watching a video that has a jumpy image that jerks around. Image stabilization is important so that the video is clear and doesn’t jerk or twitch, which can lower video quality and even make some people feel sick.
Why We Chose The D7500 Over Others
- Class leading image quality, ISO range, image processing and metering equivalent to the award winning D500
- Large 3.2” 922k dot, tilting lcd screen with touch functionality. Temperature: 0 °c to 40 °c (+32 °f to 104 °f) humidity: 85 percentage or less (no condensation)
- 51 point AF system with 15 cross type sensors and group area AF paired with up to 8 fps continuous shooting capability
- 4k ultra hd and 1080p full hd video with stereo sound, power aperture control, auto ISO, 4k UHD time lapse and more
- Built in WiFi and Bluetooth for easy connectivity through the Nikon snap bridge app
There is a lot to love about the Nikon D7500, and since it is loaded with features that make it perfect for taking video, it’s a great choice for any church looking to take video and still photographs.
Thanks to the Expeed 5 Image Processing, this Nikon is able to easily handle continuous shooting without slowing down. It can record 4K UHD video easily without any drop in video quality or without using too much of the battery.
Additionally, it has an impressive ISO range from 100 to 51,200. This allows for sharp images in low light without a lot of noise in the shot.
Due to the 51 point AF system, users can easily focus on subjects that are moving quickly or are low contrast and enjoy speedy focus and zoom, which is perfect to ensure that you don’t miss any great shots.
The live recording won’t just store videos to the SD memory card, but also to an external recorder if the camera is connected via HDMI.
This is the best way to ensure that you don’t lose any important videos. Additionally, it’s possible to record in MP4 format to allow for fast and smooth playback on other smart devices, which is great for high-tech churches and users.
What We Like and Dislike About The Nikon D7500
The Nikon D7500 is a really powerful camera that offers impressive video capabilities. One of the main pros of opting for this camera is that the images are always in focus and sharp with impressive colors, thanks to the autofocus and high-quality components used in this camera.
It also has a great built-in flash. Unlike some other cameras that require an external flash to work well, users can easily take still photos with the Nikon D7500 and not worry about how they will turn out.
The included microphone and headphone jacks make it easier than ever before to pick up clear sound when recording. Users can rely on headphones to ensure that the sound is clear and easy to understand.
Finally, the Nikon D7500 boasts U shaped stabilization sports grips that make it easy to hold onto this camera when recording and prevent it from wobbling or shifting.
There are some drawbacks to the Nikon D7500, and one is that it doesn’t have a depth-of-field preview button to allow a preview through the viewfinder. The only way to see this is not through image playback or Live View.
Additionally, it doesn’t have a second card slot, so users have to make sure to only use high-quality cards that won’t easily fail.
Why We Feel You Should Consider This Digital Video Camera
The Nikon D7500 is obviously not only a very powerful and reliable camera for taking video, but also takes exceptional photographs, making it a great choice for any church who wants to document life in their congregation, the special events that they enjoy together, and any service projects they undertake.
It features powerful WIFI that makes it great for transmitting pictures to computers and other smart devices so that they can be easily shared. Thanks to the large and touch-sensitive LCD screen, it’s easy to not only see the video and pictures being captured but also change any settings to improve appearance and quality.
With 4K video recording and an impressive ISO that can expand up to 1,640,000, the Nikon D7500 is a powerful piece of equipment. It offers fast subject tracking that makes it easy to perfectly capture any moving target without blurring or shadowing, which is perfect for showing congregants in their best life.
Thanks to the impressive autofocus system with 15 cross-type points, every subject will be clear and bright, eliminating problems.
Additionally, this durable camera is perfect for video, thanks to the sports grips and LED video light. With all of its features, it can be a little daunting to learn how to use, but it is perfect for documenting life in a busy church.