Our Optoma ML750ST Review
Size matters when churches, individuals, or businesses are looking for a durable and portable pico projector.
These smaller pieces of equipment are just as reliable and powerful as traditional projectors, but make it much easier to watch a movie or a presentation in a smaller room without a large setup.
Thanks to the design of short throw projectors and the fact that they don’t require very much space for operation, they are a great choice for small rooms.
The Optoma ML750ST is one of the best short throw projectors on the market and has the added bonus of being wireless.
What Is the Optoma ML750ST?
The Optoma ML750ST is a very small short throw LED projector. Its ultra-compact size means that it weighs less than one pound, which is very impressive for this type of equipment.
With a high contrast ratio of 10,000:1 and impressive image brightness and resolution, it is a very versatile piece of equipment.
First released three years ago, the Optoma ML750ST hasn’t undergone any major design changes, but still remains a compact and lightweight option.
It can be used in wired situations, but really shines when used wirelessly, as it is easy to connect and to set up, making wireless presentations a dream.
Who Is this Pico Projector Designed for?
This is a very small, but highly powerful projector that was clearly designed for office presentations or to show videos or movies.
The small size of the Optoma ML750ST makes it perfect for traveling salesmen or businessmen to take with them to show their presentations to clients and then to be able to relax in the hotel with a great movie.
The portable design of the Optoma ML750ST speaks to how it is to be used on the road and how easily it can be taken on the go.
While it was designed for use by businesses, anyone, including churches, can benefit from the power and control that the Optoma ML750ST offers.
It’s small enough that it can be easily stored out of the way when not in use, and it is powerful enough to broadcast a presentation for a larger group.
Thanks to the lower price tag, it’s affordable for many churches who have a small or modest equipment budget.
- Compact size + carry case: weighing under one pound, This Palm sized mini projector is perfect for the road warrior; it fits easily in a briefcase or backpack, or in the carry case, included in the box
- Short throw projection: easily project in tighter spaces; the ML750ST short throw lens allows users to place the projector less than 6 feet away from the screen and still enjoy a large 100" Image
- LED light source: enjoy up to 20, 000 hours of life with its brilliant LED lamp, An average of 5 hours a day for 10+ years; LED lamps last 7 times longer than traditional lamps which require more replacements
- Easy set-up with auto Keystone: ideal for space constrained environments, The ML750ST can simply be placed and the auto Keystone sensor will straighten the image on the screen with no hassle
- Brightness: enjoy 700 lumens of brightness in lower lit meeting rooms, conference rooms, training rooms, classrooms and more
- Go PC-free: a PC-free media player, image viewer and document reader enable users to display Office documents, PDFs and images from USB storage devices or micro SD card
- Screen mirroring: share content from your mobile device, notebook, or gaming console with the integrated HD cast Pro for wireless screen mirroring via HDMI input; requires WUSB adapter, sold separately
- Incredible picture quality: experience razor sharp images and videos with incredible colors and brightness with WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution & 20, 000: 1 contrast ratio
The Optoma ML750ST doesn’t ship by itself. Included in the box is a carry bag, which is great for both transportation and storage, as well as an AC power cord.
To ensure that the projector works the way that it should, there is also a universal I/O cable and an infrared remote with an included battery.
The included paperwork with this projector consists of a warranty card, as well as a quick start card. Together, these ensure that users can easily operate the projector and have it protected in case of damage in the future.
Primary Features of the ML750ST
All sides of the Optoma ML750ST feature vents and fans, which is great, as this helps to decrease any possibility of the projector overheating. Unlike some other projectors that can easily overhead, even in a short period of time, the Optoma ML750ST can be used for hours without any issues.
- LED lifespan of up to 20,000 hours
- MHL, HDMI, and wireless connectivity
- Weighs under one pound, making it very portable
- 1280 x 800 resolution
- 700 ANSI lumens
- Integrated device mirroring, as well as multimedia playback
- Projects 32” image from 25”
- Projects 80” image from 56”
Thanks to the small size of the Optoma ML750ST, as well as the fact that it is easy to set up, means that it can be used for any presentation. Additionally, using the Optoma wireless dongle to attach to a tablet, phone or computer makes wireless connectivity simple.
While there is a lot to love about the Optoma ML750ST, one problem that some users run into is that the speakers aren’t very high quality. This becomes especially apparent when presenting to a larger group, as using external speakers is necessary to ensure that everyone will be able to hear the videos.
The fast power-up of the Optoma ML750ST reduces any wait time when watching a movie or queueing up a presentation. It takes under 15 seconds to get this projector turned on and ready to go.
Alternatives to the Optoma ML750ST
While the Optoma ML750ST is a great pico projector, users or churches who don’t have the money for this equipment will want to consider the VANKYO LEISURE 3 mini projector.
This projector only weighs two pounds but boasts an impressive 40,000 hours of LED lamp life. Thanks to the low cost of this projector, it really is perfect for churches who need to buy multiple projectors for use throughout the building.
Another great option is the ViewSonic M1 portable projector. This small projector is an obvious choice for anyone who loves great sound during movies or presentations.
The dual Harman Kardon speakers are some of the best ones included in projectors today and are designed to deliver room-filling audio. This means that the overall movie or presentation will be even more impressive and immersive.
Conclusion – Is it Worth Considering this Pico Projector?
Any church looking for a mini projector that is portable and can easily be used in smaller rooms without a loss in picture quality will want to consider the Optoma ML750ST.
It’s very reasonably priced, which makes it affordable for a lot of churches, and since it is so portable, it’s perfect for use both inside the church as well as when on the road to a youth gathering or a mission trip.
It’s easy to be fooled by the small chassis of the Optoma ML750ST, but it still offers impressive power that is sure to shock any viewer.
The only drawback to this projector is that the speakers aren’t very powerful, but that can easily be remedied with the purchase of new speakers.
Thanks to the power and portability of the Optoma ML750ST, this is a great option for any church looking to show videos, movies, or presentations to staff, congregants, or guests.
We hope our Optoma ML750ST review was helpful to you. You might be interested in our list of the best projectors for church.