Many churches, event centers, and conference centers are looking for an easy way to set up their live streams or video conferencing. Because of this I have written quite extensively on the cameras needed to accomplish this task. This article is part of my series of reviews on PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) cameras and specifically a review on the HuddleCamHD G3 Video Conference Camera.
Previously I have covered video cameras from PTZOptics and Logitech. All 3 are great choices depending upon your needs and budget. Choosing the right camera for your live stream is extremely important. It will make or break the effectiveness and enjoyability of your videos being watched.
The HuddleCamHD G3 PTZ Video Conference Camera Review
This video camera is the perfect choice if you want a combination of value, functionality, simplicity, and quality. You will benefit from a range of features with this device, and you can look forward to impressive specifications at an affordable price. It is sleek, stylish, and modern, with plenty of great benefits. This makes it an ideal choice for video conferencing and events.
Here is a little more about HuddleCam and their PTZ cameras.
There are many reasons why this could prove to be the perfect camera for your conferencing needs. It is a very high quality, robust product with a modern and stylish design. However, it is also very versatile and powerful, making it perfect for all sorts of different spaces. You will benefit from the high specifications of the product as well as a range of great features designed to enhance your conferencing experience and give you the best results possible.
The camera is simple and convenient to set up as well as to use. It comes with a two year warranty on parts and labor for your peace of mind and protection. Offering high quality output, the perfect field of view, compatibility with your favorite software and a variety of control options, this has become a popular choice amongst businesses.
This is a high spec camera that comes with a wide range of features, making it a great choice for your business needs. Some of the key specifications of this device include:
- Modern, sleek, and compact device.
- Variable focal length with optical zoom.
- Great quality with full 1080p HD at 30 FPS.
- Wide and tele zoom options.
- Comes with over 60 presets to enable fast and efficient control.
- High quality video conferencing.
- Ideal for events, conferences, and other purposes.
- Comes with a two-year warranty.
- Affordable pricing.
- Lightweight and portable.
- High specification model with plenty of features.
- Very simple to use and set up
Other specifications of the camera include:
- Weight: 2.4lbs.
- Material: plastic and aluminum.
- Dimensions: 5.7 x 6.4 x 5.8 inches.
In addition, you benefit from a two year warranty on parts and labor with this product.
There are a number of major benefits that come with this particular device. Checking can help you to determine whether this is the right choice for you and your business. Some of the key benefits include:
- 1080p HD quality: You can look forward to great quality video output with this camera, as it offers full 1080p HD video and a 10X lossless zoom so that you can see objects and people clearly. This is further enhanced with the 10X optical zoom feature.
- USB setup: You can set up and start using your camera with speed and ease, as you simply need to plug it into the USB port on your computer and you are ready to start your conference. This provides a simple and efficient solution.
- Connectivity: In addition to your PC, you can plug and play through the USB in the Mac or ChromeBox. There is no need for any additional software, which means greater convenience and lower costs for you.
- Field of view: You can enjoy the perfect field of view in both small and large spaces. This ranges from 8 degrees to 61 degrees based on wide or tele lens. This makes it easy to zoom in on areas of interest during your conference or presentation.
- Compatibility with video conferencing software: You can use your favorite software without any problem with this camera, as it offers compatibility with pretty much all online video conferencing software.
- Easy to access presets: The camera offers a number of presets, which can be accessed with ease through the use of the IR remote control that comes with the kit. You can control the tilt, zoom, and pan of the camera with the remote as well as various other settings.
- A range of installation options: With this camera, you can choose from a number of different installation options to suit your needs. This includes using the standard tripod, mounting the camera to the wall, or even ceiling installation.
- Camera control options: While you can control the camera with ease using the included remote control, you also have the capability to integrate it into other control systems or even control it from your computer
The HuddleCamHD G3 PTZ Video Conference Camera is the most affordable of the PTZ cameras. However when doing this HuddleCamHD Video Conference Camera Review I was struck by the fact that you are limited by it's 3x zoom. So if you need a camera that will pan and tilt but is close enough not to need to zoom in closely then this camera will work for you.