Our HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn Review
Every church needs to invest in a durable and reliable printer that will make it easy to print bulletins, mailings, and sermon notes.
Rather than buying multiple pieces of office equipment to fax, scan, print, and copy, opting for an all-in-one laser printer allow churches to not only save money but also save space.
This makes this type of equipment ideal for use in churches of all sizes. There are a lot of different laser printers on the market, but the HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn is not only packed with great features, but also a highly affordable option that’s worth the consideration.
What Is the HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn?
This is an impressive and powerful all-in-one printer that is able to print, copy, scan, and fax, allowing it to take the place of many pieces of office equipment. It’s just one of HP’s line of LaserJet printers and is right in the middle, as there are both larger and smaller options available.
While it’s only been on the market for a few years, it is still reliable and an updated option for most users.
The intuitive LCD control panel ensures that most users can easily handle operating the HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn. Thanks to the powerful HP Smart app, users can manage their printing tasks and even scan on the go, making it possible to scan documents when away from the printer and then print them at a later time.
Who Is this Printer Designed for?
This powerful all-in-one printer is designed for use in smaller church offices. It can easily handle printing between 250 and 2,500 pages per month, which is a little lower for some larger churches and may make it difficult for them to handle all of their monthly printing needs. However, it can print up to 30 pages per minute and easily holds 35 sheets of paper in the auto document feeder.
While it’s not the best option for larger churches who have a lot of printing to do each month, the HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn is a great consideration for most churches because it can do so much more than just print.
It can easily take the place of an outdated fax machine and is great for helping scan and save documents for a church office to finally go paperless.
- Main functions of the HP M227fdn all-in-one laser printer: monochrome print, scanner, copier, fax, AirPrint, double-sided printing, LCD display, 35-sheet auto document feeder, secure Ethernet connectivity, and more
- This HP M227fdn laser printer replaces HP M225dn printer, additionally the newer HP M227fdn has 15% faster print speed plus HP JetAdvantage Security Manager
- Prints up to 30 pages/minute, input tray paper capacity up to 260 sheets, duty cycle up to 2,000 pages/month. Paper handling input, standard - 250-sheet input tray, 10-sheet priority tray. Paper handling output, standard - 150-sheet output tray. Duplex printing - Automatic (standard)
- Mobile printing: mobile print from anywhere with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone with AirPrint, send jobs from your devices to any company printer using Google Cloud Print. Mobile Printing Capability - HP ePrint. AirPrint, Google Cloud Print 2.0
- Save office real estate. Print, scan, copy, and fax with a compact multifunction laser printer that fits into tight workspaces
- Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence - engineered to help your printer print faster and more pages
- NEVER SHOP FOR TONER AGAIN: Save 10% with Amazon Dash Replenishment. Upon activation your printer measures toner level and places smart reorders when you are running low. No subscription fees.
- Ideal for home and small to medium businesses with work groups of 1-5 users. One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
The HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn ships with everything that is needed to set up this printer and start using it right away. In addition to the printer itself, it ships with an HP LaserJet Imaging Drum, HP Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge, getting started guide, and setup poster.
Additionally, it includes a power cord, as well as printer documentation and a software CD. The one thing that isn’t included and is necessary for operation is a USB cable, so churches need to have one on hand before setting up this printer.
Primary Features of the LaserJet Pro M227fdn
The HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn is absolutely packed with features that make it a great option for use in any church. It’s a powerful all-in-one laser printer that can fax, copy, scan, print, and AirPrint quickly and easily.
It also has the following features, which serve to set it apart from other options on the market:
- Printing up to 30 pages in a minute
- Tray capacity of 260 pages
- Duty cycle up to 2,000 pages per month
- Small size fits into compact spaces
Because this printer can be used with a variety of phones, computers and laptops, and tablets, it’s an ideal option for churches looking for mobile printing options. It can be easily used over WiFi as well as with NFC advanced touch-to-print technology.
Churches will love that the HP Laserjet Pro M227fdn can warn them of any security breaches. This is a wonderful way to limit any security problems and to ensure that all information printed is safe and secure. Additionally, the write-protected memory helps to prevent any intrusion from malware.
Alternatives to the HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn
Even though the HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn is really affordable, it can still be a bit expensive for some churches, making the HP LaserJet Pro M203dw a good option. Even though it has a lower price tag, it is still packed with great features that make it easy to use, as well as surprisingly powerful. It has a 250 sheet tray and offers mobile printing, making it easy for church employees to print from anywhere.
Churches with a little more money in their budget and who want a more powerful printer will want to consider the HP LaserJet Pro M477fdn. This is a color laser printer that boasts duplex printing, impressive security, and the ability to print on a wide range of different types of paper. With printing speeds up to 8.9 seconds per page for monochrome and 9.8 seconds per page for color, it’s easy to see how this printer can benefit a church.
Conclusion – Will You Be Happy with this Printer?
Smaller churches are sure to love not only the great price tag of the HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn but also how easily it can take the place of multiple pieces of office equipment.
It’s designed to be very user-friendly, making it great for church employees of all ages to use. It’s recommended for up to five users to rely on this printer, which means that it’s not the best choice for larger churches, but can easily be used in a private office by a pastor, youth leader, or financial director.
When buying an all-in-one printer for a church, it’s important that it can handle the monthly printing requirements. This printer may not be able to handle printing weekly bulletins due to the lower recommended monthly printing volume, but it is ideal for printing reports, bulletins for special events, and financial information.
It’s also such a reliable copier, fax, and scanner, that churches looking for a backup printer may be happy to overlook the lower printing capabilities of the HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn.
We hope our HP LaserJet Pro M227fdn review has been helpful.