Our Epson Powerlite 2250U Review
Having a reliable projector that can work in brightly lit rooms is important for any business, especially churches.
These projectors can be used to show special presentations, relive events from youth gatherings, and also for budget meetings with the council.
While there are a lot of powerful projectors on the market today, not all of them can easily be used in brightly lit rooms without the color being washed out.
The Powerlite 2250U is not only designed to be used in bright and dark rooms but also contains a powerful speaker that can easily be heard even in large areas, making it a great choice for many churches to opt for when shopping for a projector.
What Is the Epson Powerlite 2250U?
First released at the end of 2016, the Powerlite 2250U quickly became one of the more popular high-end projectors. It does a wonderful job showing true-to-life images, as well as clear and full sound, making it a popular choice for high-quality presentations.
The split screen feature is great for comparisons or for showing two different pictures at once, and the long-lasting lamp means that it won’t need to be replaced anytime soon.
The powerful Epson software allows users to easily monitor and control networked Epson projectors.
Because this is a full-size projector, it is great for permanent installation, but it is also light enough, at just over 10 pounds, to be used on the go.
Who Is this Projector Designed for?
This is a great projector for any business that will be showing videos or photographs to large groups of people and wants to make sure that everyone will be able to easily see what is projected.
It works equally well in dark rooms as it does in lighter ones, which means that churches won’t have to worry about having a dedicated dark space for viewing.
Due to the higher price tag of this piece of equipment, it may not be the best option for smaller churches or ones without large budgets.
It is packed with great features that more than justify the cost, but churches who aren’t going to use these features or won’t use the equipment on a regular basis may be happier with a less expensive model.
- Far more accurate color with Epson — 3LCD, 3-chip technology for 3x Higher Color Brightness (1) and up to 3x Wider Color Gamut (3) than competitive DLP projectors
- Look for two numbers — 5,000 lumens (2) Color Brightness for more accurate, vivid color 5,000 lumens (2) White Brightness for well-lit rooms
- Bright, widescreen images up to 300" — WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200); Full HD 1080p support
- Remarkable sharpness and detail — 15,000:1 contrast ratio; added clarity when displaying text and graphics
- Optional wireless networking — optional module required; enterprise-level security for peace of mind; compatible with WEP, WPA, WPA2-PSK and WPA2-EAP security protocols
- Split Screen (4) feature — simultaneously project two images (video or still) side-by-side from two different sources
- Remote management and control tools — included software allows for remote monitoring and control of Epson networked projectors; also compatible with Crestron RoomView
- Long-lasting lamp — up to 10,000 hours in ECO Mode (5)
- Versatile in every way — small enough for travel; features a full array of connectivity options, including 2x HDMI, MHL, VGA, RJ-45 and more
The Powerlite 2250U ships by itself, which means that users will need to invest in their own HDMI cables and carry bag if desired.
The bag is really only necessary if the projector isn’t going to be mounted in a permanent location. Mounting it will remove any possibility of it being damaged when moved around the church, but cables are necessary for it to work.
Primary Features of the Powerlite 2250U
The Epson Powerlite 2250U is packed with great features that make it not only easy to use but also one of the most powerful options on the market today. It features full HD 1080p support, which means that all images are true to life and seem to jump off of the screen. Other great features include:
- Auto screen fit for the best possible viewing
- Bright and colorful projections
- Offers both HDMI and MHL connectivity
- 1920 x 1200 full HD resolution
- The built-in speaker is loud enough for others to hear the presentation
- 5,000 lumens of both white brightness and color brightness
It’s unsurprising that the Powerlite 2250U offers such great contrast. This means that all shadows are dark and impressive and that the lights are clear and bright, resulting in high-impact presentations.
Churches and businesses who want to make sure that their equipment is safe and secure when they use it with wireless networking may want to invest in the optional enterprise-level wireless security. While the module is sold separately, it is often worth the price, as it will provide incredible peace of mind.
Alternatives to the Epson Powerlite 2250U
While the Powerlite 2250U is an obvious choice for any businesses or churches, it’s always a good idea to have an alternative in mind.
The Epson Pro EX9220 is a great option for churches who don’t want to spend as much money but are still looking for an alternative that offers plenty of power. With 3,600 lumens of color brightness, as well as wireless screen monitoring, it’s not only powerful but easy to use.
The Epson PowerLite 2255U is a slightly more powerful and advanced projector than the Powerlite 2250U. It offers many of the same features as the 2250U but is one of the brightest options on the market.
Thanks to the power it offers, it can be used in well-lit rooms without any washing out of the color. Of course, it does come with a higher price tag, but this additional price is worth it to some churches who need a little more power from their equipment.
With a 15,000:1 contrast ratio, the Powerlite 2250U provides great clarity for both graphics and text, making it perfect for detailed presentations. People in the audience watching the presentation won’t have to squint to make out words, which is also why this is a great option for use when projecting song lyrics.
Conclusion – Should You Consider this Projector?
Any church who is serious about being able to project during meetings, sermons, services, or at events will want to give the Powerlite 2250U some consideration. It’s a shockingly powerful projector that is designed to be easy to use, which is a perfect combination.
Thanks to the remote monitoring that can be achieved via the Epson software at the impressive white and color brightness, this projector really stands out from others on the market.
The high price of the Powerlite 2250U can be a bit daunting, especially for churches who don’t have a lot of money set aside for this type of equipment, but it definitely lives up to the hype.
One of the most advanced features is the optional wireless networking to ensure security during presentations. This is ideal for churches, especially who want to make sure that their projector isn’t hacked and that their information isn’t used in a way that is against the wishes of the church, pastor, and congregation.
We hope our Epson Powerlite 2250U review has been helpful. You might want to check out our list of the best projectors.