Finding The Best Wifi For Your Church
Churches need to make sure that they have ample WIFI throughout their church for both employees and congregants to access, and one of the best ways to do this is by using an access point. Access points are powerful and able to help provide you with WIFI access in the entire church, rather than leaving you with some dead spots where you are unable to get on the internet.
While it can be tricky to choose the right access point, because there is a lot riding on your decision, you need to make sure that you pick one that will work for your church.
Pastors and administrative staff feel a lot of pressure when choosing an access point. Rather than worrying about going over budget or purchasing an access point that won’t really meet the needs of your church, when you rely on this handy guide, you can rest easy knowing that you are going to make the right choice for your church.
There are a lot of great access points available for purchase and use in churches, but the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is a powerful access point that offers reliability at an affordable price, making it a clear choice for many churches.
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying A Wifi Router For Your Church?
Since there are so many different access points available on the market, there are a few main things to consider when shopping. This will ensure that you choose the best access point for your church and that it will easily meet the needs of all staff and congregants in the building.
- Security – one of the most important considerations when buying an access point is how secure it, and your internet, will be. You do not want to put any congregants at risk of being hacked or allow someone to steal important information from the church by using a lower quality access point that isn’t very secure.
- Mounting Flexibility – additionally, it’s important to take into consideration where and how you will mount your new access point. Most models are designed for indoor use, although some can be used outdoors, so this is important. Consider if you need to be able to mount the access point on the wall or ceiling for best use.
- Ease of Installation – rather than having to hire an expert to install your new access point, when you opt for one with easy installation, then you can handle this task on your own. Wireless installation is generally very fast and easy, which means that church staff can handle it themselves.
Why We Chose The Orbi Pro AC3000 Over Others
- NO MORE DEAD ZONES: Reliable WiFi coverage across your entire business up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- WALL OR CEILING MOUNT SATELLITES EXTEND COVERAGE: Choose wall or ceiling mount satellites to extend coverage as your business grows. Each satellite (sold separately) extends coverage up to an additional 2,500 sq. ft.
- WIRED CONNECTIONS: Router + wall-mount satellite come with 7 Ethernet ports providing a fast connection up 5,000 sq. ft.
- THREE PRE-DEFINED NETWORKS: Secure WiFi network with easy traffic separation creating a dedicated portal for Guests, Employees, and Admins. Create a customizable guest portal for easy guest sign in plus set time limits for Internet access.
- TRI-BAND BACKHAUL: A dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands to deliver maximum speed of 3Gbps to your devices for fast Internet surfing and downloads.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Set up WiFi in minutes with the Orbi app, manage WiFi settings, test and monitor speed.
- SEAMLESS ROAMING: Easily move from one side of the office to the other without dropping your WiFi signal - even during conference calls.
- SAFE, SECURE & LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with MU-MIMO, Smart Connect for one WiFi name, and beamforming technologies. Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
This access point was designed specifically with heavy users in mind. Because of that, it can easily handle heavy traffic without any drop in speed or disruption in the power that it offers, which makes it perfect for a really busy church with a large staff and active congregation. Once the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is set up and connected, it is easy for users to connect, and since it offers a total of up to 80 connections, it is powerful enough for large groups of people to access the internet at once without bottlenecking issues.
Additionally, it’s easy to create traffic separation to prevent any WIFI problems. Users can set up to three WIFI SSID, creating dedicated and isolated networks that all run through the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000. Setting this up through the app is fast and easy, resulting in instant creation of different networks.
This app, in addition to allowing for the creation of various networks, also allows for the setup of the WIFI and control over the devices using it and the speed at which they are accessing the internet. This allows administrators to easily check the condition of the WIFI and make adjustments, as needed.
What We Like and Dislike About The NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000
The NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is an incredibly powerful access point, making it a great choice for many reasons. One of the main pros about this product is that it doesn’t require wires for installation, ensuring that installation is neat and tidy.
Additionally, the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 can be installed in a number of locations and easily mounted on the ceiling or wall so that it is accessible, but out of the way.
Because the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 can provide coverage for up to 5,000 square feet, it’s great for most churches and will prevent dead zones in the coverage.
The NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 uses tri-band WIFI and creates a wireless backhaul ensuring fast and easy data communications throughout the church.
One downside of this access point is that the company isn’t known for offering the best customer service. This can be really frustrating for church employees or pastors who run into difficulty with the access point.
Another common issue with the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is that it doesn’t always connect reliably with the router when there is a wall in the way. Older churches with brick walls inside the church may find this to be a problem that is difficult to overcome.
Why We Feel You Should Consider This Wifi Router
The NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is one of the most powerful access points on the market today and was designed to not only be easy for churches to set up and to control, but also to offer blazing fast internet connections to all users.
Because this equipment is easy to mount, easy to set up, and easy to use, it is ideal for all churches, no matter how technologically-savvy the staff is. Churches and WIFI users won’t ever have to worry about the safety and security of the information that they transmit over the internet.
Thanks to advanced security controls such as restricted access to websites and for certain users and WIFI protected access, churches can limit access to the internet, if necessary, and keep their staff and congregants safe. Because this equipment offers powerful networking that is expandable and reliable, it really is a great choice for most any church who is looking to provide WIFI to everyone in and around the building.
It offers exceptional coverage that is enough for most medium churches, which means that employees and congregants will be able to easily access the internet at any time, from any location, without worrying about security or speed.