Any time that you are going to make a video and want to improve its quality, you will need to consider the best USB microphone for voice overs.
Buying the right USB microphone can make a huge difference in the quality of your final product and ensure that you can impress everyone who sees your work.
If you have ever watched a commercial on television or a video announcement at church, then you understand how the right voice over can improve the quality of the announcement and make it seem more friendly and accessible.
While you may need a microphone for creating an ad or commercial for your business, there are other uses as well.
Any time that you make a video for your family event, for an outing, or to show and explain something, using voiceovers is beneficial.
It will help your video be clear instead of confusing and ensure that you can answer any questions that the viewers may have.
The Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ cardioid condenser microphone is ideal for voice over work and is powerful enough to make even your home videos seem professional.
This microphone will not only make your voice-over work easy to complete but also ensure that it sounds clear and vibrant.
The Best USB Microphone For Voice Overs
- Package: Audio Technica AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone With Built In Mix Control - Perfect For High Quality Digital Recording - Windows/Mac Compatibility + Samson PS04 4.75" Microphone Pop Filter with 8" Flexible Mic Boom and Clamp
- "AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone. Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording. High quality A/D converter with 16 bit, 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate for superb audio. Headphone jack with volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal with no delay. "
- "AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone. Mix control allows you to blend your microphone signal and pre-recorded audio. High-output internal headphone amplifier delivers superior clarity and musical detail as well as more volume overall. Smooth, extended frequency response ideally suited for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording and voiceover use. "
- "T2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone. Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Mac OS X. Tripod desk stand with folding legs for secure and easily portable tabletop use "
- "Samson PS04 4.75"" Microphone Pop Filter with 8"" Flexible Mic Boom and Clamp. Dual layer 4.75"" nylon mesh screen reduces vocal popping (""P-Pops"") and sibilance. Flexible 8"" gooseneck for easily adjusting filter position. Universal mic stand adapter. "
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Product?
- Portability is essential when you are looking for a great voice over microphone as you will want to be able to travel to where the talent is. This is also useful if you are going to be recording yourself but want to make sure that you aren’t stuck in a single location while working. For this reason, USB microphones are becoming more and more popular as they can be brought along with you to a new place when you are going to record.
- The polar pattern is also significant, especially if you are going to be recording in a noisy environment. Buying a microphone that only offers a cardioid polar pattern will ensure that you have complete control over the sound that you record and that you will only be able to pick up sound from one area easily. This is great for recording just one person at a time and will ensure that you have complete control over what you record.
- The conversion rate is also crucial as you want to make sure that your vocals are high-quality when compared with the program you will be recording over. Opt for a quality converter that has a 16 bit and sampling rate of 4.1/48 kHz.
Why We Chose This Product Over Others
We love the Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ not only because of how easy it is to plug in and use, although that is a significant perk when it comes to choosing a microphone for your needs. Since you can easily plug this microphone into your computer and start recording, you won’t have to worry about any confusing and challenging setup. We also love that you can plug in headphones to listen to your microphone quality and make adjustments on the fly without having to stop and restart your recording, which will break your concentration and make it difficult to create the high-quality recording you want.
Being able to correctly control the sound that you’re recording and having control over blending will allow you to fit your voice over neatly into pre-recorded audio if desired. Additionally, since this microphone is one-directional, you won’t have to worry about picking up any other noise in your room where you are recording. It can be tough to limit the amount of feedback and background noise that you get when you use a microphone that picks up sound in more than one direction, mainly because there can be a lot of bouncing noise from your room if you are not careful about acoustics.
What We Like and Dislike About This Product
This microphone offers plug-and-play setup, which means that you don’t have to fiddle around with controls or software to get your microphone working the way that it should. This makes it very user-friendly for beginners.
Due to the headphone jack that is built right into the microphone, you can hear what you are going to be recording over. This ensures that you don’t suffer a delay while recording and allows complete control over your sound. Zero lag makes for perfect recording every time.
While the Audio-Technica is easy enough for anyone to use and can be used at home without any problems, it’s sturdy enough for professional use so as you grow and improve; this microphone will be able to keep up with your needs.
The desktop stand is not very stable and will quickly fall over if you accidentally bump it or the table. For a durable mount that you can rely on, you will likely want to buy a different stand as well as a shock mount.
Any small ambient noises will be immediately picked up. This is because the microphone is so active but may require additional insulation in the room where you are going to record.
Why We Feel That You Should Buy This Product
If you are going to be doing voice-over work in any capacity, then you need the best USB microphone for voice-overs. The Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ cardioid condenser USB microphone is strong enough to produce fantastic sound quality no matter what you are going to record. You can use it for home use or professional material for your company and won’t have to worry about whether or not there will be an issue with the sound quality. Professional equipment gets professional results, and this microphone can stand up against other offerings.
The right microphone isn’t just powerful; it’s also easy to use. It doesn’t matter how strong and powerful your microphone is if you don’t ever use it because it’s too difficult, but you won’t ever have that problem with this microphone from Audio-Technica. They made it incredibly easy for anyone to plug in and use and since you can hear yourself clearly with the help of headphones, you won’t ever have to worry about your sound or if you are speaking at the wrong moment. With great mix control, fast volume control, and zero delays, for a powerful microphone that will more than meet your voice over needs, you can’t do better than this Audio-Technica.
That is why we feel this is the best USB microphone for voice overs.