- Finding The Best Shure Wireless Microphone For Your Church
- Shure BLX24R/SM58 – Best Overall Shure Wireless Microphone For Church Use
- What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Shure Microphone For Your Church?
- Why We Chose The BLX24R/SM58 Over Others
- What We Like and Dislike About The Shure BLX24R/SM58
- Shure BLX288-PG58-J10 – Best Bang for Your Buck Shure Microphone
- What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Shure Wireless Microphone?
- Why We Chose The BLX288/PG58-J10 Over Others
- What We Like and Dislike About The Shure BLX288/PG58-J10
- Shure BLX24/PG58-J10 – Best Budget Wireless Mic
- What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Wireless Microphone For Chuch Use?
- Why We Chose The BLX24/PG58-J10 Over Others
- What We Like and Dislike About The Shure BLX24/PG58-J10
- Why We Feel You Should Consider These Shure Wireless Microphones
Finding The Best Shure Wireless Microphone For Your Church
There are a lot of uses for a wireless microphone in a church. From pastors delivering sermons on Sunday morning to youth leaders talking to their youth group on Wednesday nights, wireless microphones can get a lot of use in a traditional church setting, which means that churches need to make sure that they invest in the best possible microphones to ensure the best use.
Choosing the right wireless microphones can be a little tricky, especially when there are so many amazing options available on the market.
Every church has specific needs, however, and for that reason, each one needs to consider not only what brand of microphone they opt for, but also the features it offers.
Shure wireless microphones are among the most popular microphones on the market and for good reason. They are reliable, powerful, and durable, no matter whether a church is looking for a budget microphone, one with more features, or the best overall microphone for their price range.
Any church looking to invest in Shure wireless microphones will want to read and follow this guide to ensure that they opt for the best possible choice for their church.
Shure BLX24R/SM58 – Best Overall Shure Wireless Microphone For Church Use
- Includes: (1) BLX4R 1/2 Rack, Single Channel Wireless Receiver, (1) Rack Mount Kit, (1) BLX2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Microphone, (1) Mic Clip, (2) 1/4 Wave Antennas, (1) Zippered Transmitter Bag, (1) PS23US Power Supply and (2) AA Batteries
- Up to 12 compatible systems per frequency band (region dependent)
- Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity
- One-touch QuickScan frequency selection quickly locates the best frequency
- 1/4" and XLR audio outputs
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Shure Microphone For Your Church?
There are a lot of things to consider when shopping for wireless microphones so that churches can be sure to buy the right ones for their needs. When looking for the best overall wireless mics, churches need to consider the following things.
- Battery Power – the last thing that churches want to deal with is dead microphones that won’t work when they need them to. Some wireless microphones offer much better battery life than others, and this can make a huge difference in how long the microphones can be used at a time as well as the power they offer.
- Receiver Type – it’s also important to take into consideration the type of receiver that will be used with the microphones. Some receivers offer a better range as well as lower interference, which means that the microphones will provide better overall sound.
- Rugged Chassis – microphones that have a durable and rugged chassis will be able to withstand regular use much better than ones that are lower quality. It’s always a good idea to consider the material that the chassis is made out of.
Why We Chose The BLX24R/SM58 Over Others
Any church can benefit from the fact that expanding this system to include up to 12 microphones is fast and easy, which means that both small and large churches can enjoy the power of the BLX24R/SM58 microphones. This wireless system is incredibly versatile and is perfect for use both inside the church as well as outside, which makes it ideal for outdoor concerts, revivals, and presentations. The battery life on these microphones is up to 14 hours, which is great for most church needs. Switching out the old batteries for new ones is fast and easy, which means that there isn’t a lot of downtime if the batteries do die.
The included rackmount kit and receiver are just as powerful and reliable as the microphones themselves are, which means that no church will have to worry about their new equipment failing them once it is set up and installed in its location. This wireless system does take a little more effort to install and to set up properly, but then it is very easy to operate, allowing people who aren’t very tech-savvy to enjoy using the microphones.
What We Like and Dislike About The Shure BLX24R/SM58
Shure microphones have a reputation for being the best on the market, and the BLX24R/SM58 is no exception. One of the pros of this microphone is the fact that it comes with 4 wireless mics as well as the power supply, making it easy for churches to set up their new system.
The BLX24R/SM58 system is incredibly expandable, which means that larger churches can easily add more microphones without worrying about failing sound quality.
Additionally, the BLX24R/SM58 features a powerful cardioid microphone that is capable of picking up sound and perfectly transmitting it without any interference. This makes it great for use in quiet and in louder situations.
Finally, this powerful microphone doesn’t struggle with interference problems, allowing more than one to be turned on and used at a time. This is great for larger presentations in a church.
There are some drawbacks to this microphone, and one is that the system with the microphones is very expensive, which can put it out of reach of some churches.
Additionally, the BLX24R/SM58 tends to be a little more difficult to set up than other similar Shure microphones.
Shure BLX288-PG58-J10 – Best Bang for Your Buck Shure Microphone
- Included: BLX88 dual wireless receiver; 2 BLX2/PG58 handheld transmitters with integrated PG58 cardioid dynamic microphone capsules; 2 microphone clip
- Power and battery status LED
- Adjustable gain control
- Quick & easy frequency matching
- 2 AA batteries (included) provide up to 14 hours of continuous use.Bandwidth: 524 – 865 MHz
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Shure Wireless Microphone?
Finding a great wireless microphone that offers great bang for your buck may seem overwhelming, but it’s easy when the following features are considered.
- Expandability – some wireless microphone receivers only work with a small number of microphones. While this may meet the current needs of a church, it’s always a good idea to be thinking about the future. Choosing a system that can be easily expanded will ensure that it can meet future needs.
- Frequency Selection – pastors, musicians, and youth leaders who don’t have a lot of experience with wireless microphones often struggle to find the best frequency to use. Being able to quickly scan available frequencies and choose the strongest one will ensure that everyone can easily hear the person on the mic.
- Transmission Radius – users who want to be able to walk around with the wireless microphone need to make sure to choose a set that offers a longer transmission radius. This will allow users to easily move around without worrying about decreased reception or a lot of static. Longer transmission radii are important for use in larger churches and in open areas.
Why We Chose The BLX288/PG58-J10 Over Others
The BLX288-PG58-J10 radio offers the best bang for your buck over other available Shure radios, which is why it is such a clear option for many churches. It offers incredible reception that makes it perfect for use in both indoor and outdoor locations and doesn’t suffer from feedback issues or drop-offs, even when there are walls or other obstructions in the way between the microphones and the receiver. Because it does such a great job picking up and transmitting sound, it’s a great option for most users.
Additionally, this powerful Shure radio is shockingly easy to set up and to use, which is more than can be said for other options. Even if the user isn’t very tech-savvy, the BLX24R/SM58 is relatively easy to handle, making it a clear option for users of all ages and abilities. Thanks to the fast frequency scanning, the BLX288-PG58-J10 can easily choose the right frequency for best use and sound, decreasing the possibility of user error and allowing for the best result in any situation. Changing the AA batteries is fast and easy and ensures perfect sound quality at all times.
What We Like and Dislike About The Shure BLX288/PG58-J10
The Shure BLX288/PG58-J10 wireless microphone is easily the best bang for your buck for a few reasons. One pro of this microphone is that it features a quick scan selection, allowing users to easily find and use the best open frequency.
Additionally, churches can set up to 12 systems on each frequency band, allowing for very large microphone systems to be created, which is great for larger churches.
The BLX288-PG58-J10 also has a 300’ transmission radios, which is great for use in large buildings as well as open fields. The transmission radius can, of course, be decreased by large buildings or trees in the way.
Another pro of this powerful wireless microphone is that it features adjustable gain control. This means that users never have to worry about issues with frequency problems.
One problem that some users experience with the BLX288-PG58-J10 is that it can sometimes suffer from excessive feedback.
Another con to buying the BLX288-PG58-J10 is that at 1 pound each, the microphones are heavier than other options, which can make them difficult to carry and to control for longer periods of time.
Shure BLX24/PG58-J10 – Best Budget Wireless Mic
- Included: BLX4 wireless receiver; BLX2/PG58 handheld transmitter with integrated PG58 cardioid dynamic microphone capsule; microphone clip
- Power and battery status LED
- Adjustable gain control
- Quick & easy frequency matching
- 2 AA batteries (included) provide up to 14 hours of continuous use
- 300 feet (91 m) operating range (line of sight)
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Wireless Microphone For Chuch Use?
- Even budget wireless microphones can be high-quality, as long as users take some time shopping and carefully consider the various options available to them. Looking for the following features is important.
- Status LEDs – there are few things more frustrating than batteries dying in the middle of a sermon, speech, or musical performance at church, but many users don’t know when to change their batteries. Microphones with battery status and power LEDs allow users to change the batteries when needed so that they don’t fail in front of the congregation.
- Microphone Type – cardioid microphones are just one type of available microphone, but they are clearly the best option for use by most pastors, singers, and youth leaders, as they do a great job picking up the person speaking or singing into the microphone and don’t pick up a lot of the outside or peripheral noise.
- Weight – it can be tricky to find a wireless microphone, especially one that is a good budget choice, that is not too heavy or too light. The microphone needs to be light enough to easily carry and handle, but not so light that it feels like a toy and is easily dropped.
Why We Chose The BLX24/PG58-J10 Over Others
The Shure BLX24/PG58-J10 is a great budget option for any church looking for a wireless microphone that still offers plenty of great features and is easy to use, as well as powerful. This wireless system is one of the most versatile options on the market, and the microphones themselves are shockingly powerful, providing great coverage over large areas, which is perfect for churches that need plenty of distance and coverage. As long as the line of sight isn’t interrupted, this microphone will function perfectly in most cases, providing great sound in a wide variety of areas.
The included microphone clip makes this wireless microphone simple to set up and to use. Additionally, the LED power and battery status information allows users to easily monitor the status of their microphone and make any necessary adjustments such as changing the batteries to prevent failure. The cardioid microphone capsule is one of Shure’s most powerful options, which means that even though this is a more of a budget microphone, it still offers all of the same power and great sound quality as their more expensive choices.
What We Like and Dislike About The Shure BLX24/PG58-J10
Finding a great budget wireless microphone can be tricky, but the Shure BLX24/PG58-J10 is a great option for a few reasons. One main pro of this microphone is that it offers up to 14 hours of battery life, which is great for extended use.
Additionally, it features a powerful and easy to understand LED status indicator, allowing users to quickly judge battery life and transmitter status.
With a transmission radius of up to 300’, this microphone offers all of the distance and power that most churches need from their equipment.
Finally, the Shure BLX24/PG58-J10 has a great TQG connection that allows the microphone to be used with a Shure earset, headset, lavalier, and even guitar and microphone cables. This makes it one of the most versatile options on the market at a surprisingly low price.
One of the main drawbacks of the Shure BLX24/PG58-J10 is that the body is made from plastic, which means that it is not as durable or reliable as a metal construction.
Additionally, this microphone can sometimes suffer from a lot of static and feedback problems, which requires someone who is technologically savvy to deal with the issues.
Why We Feel You Should Consider These Shure Wireless Microphones
While all Shure wireless microphones are a great option for use in a church, the BLX24R/SM58 is the best overall wireless microphone on the list, making it a great all-around option that most churches will be happy with using. It is more expensive than other options, but it comes with an impressive 4 microphones, allowing churches to quickly and easily set up their sound system.
The BLX288-PG58-J10 is the best bang for your buck when shopping for a powerful and reliable Shure microphone. This is an incredibly powerful piece of equipment that is easy to operate and adjust, making it possible for even less-advanced users to easily control their sound, adjust their gain, and check the status of their battery. Its features definitely make it work the price.
Finally, for the best budget microphone on this list, churches will want to consider the Shure BLX24/PG58-J10. Even though this microphone isn’t as expensive as other microphones on the list, it doesn’t mean that it is any lower in quality. In fact, it is not only a great starter microphone for any church, but it also offers the control and reliability that larger churches crave from their equipment.