Finding The Best Router For Your Church
Every church needs to have a great router so that their employees, their congregants, and any church visitors can easily get online when necessary.
A great router will make it easier for church employees to perform their daily work, as they won’t have to worry about whether or not they are going to be able to get online from their location.
Choosing the right router is imperative, but with so many different routers on the market, it can easily be very difficult to find and buy the right one that will not only offer an easy connection, but also the reliability that you need.
Because churches are generally larger than homes and have more people trying to access the internet, it’s important to choose a router that is designed specifically to handle the needs of a church.
While most people are familiar with how to buy a router for their home, there are other things to consider and to worry about when shopping for a router for a church.
Overall, the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is one of the most powerful routers on the market, making it a great option for use in most churches who are looking for a reliable system.
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying A Router For Church?
Choosing the right router is important if a church is going to be able to function correctly, which is why any person charged with selecting a router needs to be careful and to consider a few different things when shopping.
- Range – this is one of the most important things to consider when shopping for a new router for a church, as the router has to offer a large enough range to remove any possible dead spots. Dead spots aren’t just problems in an office, but also if an employee wants to move to a new location in the church to work or to show a presentation.
- Connection limitations – the last thing that a church wants to deal with is not having a router that can easily handle all of the connections being made to it. For this reason, for churches to be able to choose the best one for their needs, they need to consider how many people will be trying to connect to the router all at once.
- Traffic separation – portals that are designed specifically for employees, for guests, and for the administrator or manager will help to limit traffic and prevent the router from becoming overwhelmed and failing. These are easy to set up, as long as they are offered by the router.
Why We Chose The Orbi Pro AC3000 Over Others
- NO MORE DEAD ZONES: Reliable WiFi coverage across your entire business up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- WALL OR CEILING MOUNT SATELLITES EXTEND COVERAGE: Choose wall or ceiling mount satellites to extend coverage as your business grows. Each satellite (sold separately) extends coverage up to an additional 2,500 sq. ft.
- WIRED CONNECTIONS: Router + wall-mount satellite come with 7 Ethernet ports providing a fast connection up 5,000 sq. ft.
- THREE PRE-DEFINED NETWORKS: Secure WiFi network with easy traffic separation creating a dedicated portal for Guests, Employees, and Admins. Create a customizable guest portal for easy guest sign in plus set time limits for Internet access.
- TRI-BAND BACKHAUL: A dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands to deliver maximum speed of 3Gbps to your devices for fast Internet surfing and downloads.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Set up WiFi in minutes with the Orbi app, manage WiFi settings, test and monitor speed.
- SEAMLESS ROAMING: Easily move from one side of the office to the other without dropping your WiFi signal - even during conference calls.
- SAFE, SECURE & LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with MU-MIMO, Smart Connect for one WiFi name, and beamforming technologies. Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
One of the main reasons why the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is such a great router is because it is able to offer consistent WiFi across a large area, which means that anyone in the church can easily get online without a lot of hassle. There are very few dead zones when using this router, and the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 excels at preventing spotty areas from occurring. This is perfect for not only church employees, but also members, who want to be able to access the internet without any problems.
Because there aren’t any wires, this router offers a neat and sleek look to an internet setup. Additionally, it’s easy to connect additional satellites at a later time, if necessary. Doing so is a fast and easy way to extend coverage throughout more of the church and also outside. This is a wonderful way to make sure that everyone has access to the internet when desired. The NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 runs on Tri-band WiFi, which means that there is a dedicated wireless backhaul designed for communicating data between the satellite and the router. This maximizes network speeds for all users and also completely eliminates the necessity of cables being used to connect access points.
What We Like and Dislike About The NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000
There’s a lot to like about the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000. One of the biggest pros of this router is that it is incredibly easy to set up. This means that churches can connect their new router right away and have it running with very little downtime.
Additionally, the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is known for offering great performance. It provides incredibly fast connections, with up to 40 connections per unit, which is great for allowing a lot of people internet access at once.
Another pro is that this powerful router can easily cover 5,000 square feet, reducing any problems with dead zones in and around the church.
Finally, this router offers flexible mounting options and can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, which will prevent the router from being in the way or taking up too much room.
There are some drawbacks to the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000, and one is that it can easily lose connection with the internet and may take several minutes to reconnect.
Additionally, this router can be difficult to update. Updating firmware is important when setting up routers to ensure security, but if it is a little harder with the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000, then there are some security concerns.
Why We Feel You Should Consider This Church Router
Churches aren’t immune to the problems that businesses face when they are plagued with dropped signals, spotty service, and dead zones. Poor connectivity is not only frustrating, but it can also make it really difficult for church employees to complete their jobs quickly and easily.
The NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 is designed to negate any common problems that users run into when they are looking for reliable WiFi coverage. It is powerful enough for a lot of users to rely on it at once without any lag and is shockingly easy to install and set up.
This is a wonderful wireless networking option that offers plenty of power and can easily be increased thanks to the addition of units. With such an impressive coverage, it’s easy to see how the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 can easily handle providing WiFi to most smaller and medium churches.
Larger churches who need more coverage and want the reliability of the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AC3000 can connect additional units quickly and easily to expand coverage. Both the mounting and the performance of this router are impressive, making it perfect for use in any church thanks to both its great design, as well as how reliable and durable it is.