Finding The Best Roland Keyboard For Church
Every church needs to have great musical equipment for their praise band to be able to perform on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and at other events during the week.
A great keyboard is an important piece of equipment that every church needs, but finding the right one that offers high-quality features without breaking the bank can be really difficult.
Roland keyboards are known for being some of the best keyboards on the market, and churches should consider these as a viable option when shopping for new musical equipment.
The Roland RD-2000 is an incredibly powerful keyboard that is designed to be perfect for use at churches as well as in other bands.
Any worship leader needs to consider the Roland RD-2000 as a top option when shopping for a keyboard for their church, as this powerful keyboard is loaded with great features that make it a top option in most any situation. From its great sound to its impressive control, there is a lot to love about this keyboard.
Understanding what to look for when shopping for a church keyboard and the pros and cons of the Roland RD-2000 will help churches to better determine if this is the right piece of musical equipment for them.
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying A Roland Keyboard For Your Church?
Shopping for a new keyboard can be really daunting, which is why it’s a good idea to keep a few considerations in mind when comparing options. Knowing what to look for allows music leaders to more easily find the right keyboard for use in their church.
- Sound Engine – the sound engine is what drives the keyboard and plays a huge role in how great the keyboard sounds on stage as well as what type of voices it offers. It’s important to look for a powerful sound engine that will easily offer the necessary power and control.
- Memory – musicians who want to be able to choose from past settings to create custom songs need to opt for a keyboard with a lot of memory, as this makes it easy to save settings and sounds for the perfect tone every time.
- Budget and Build – it’s a fine balance between choosing a budget keyboard that is lower quality and one that is high-quality but will break the bank. By carefully selecting a keyboard that is built to last for years, worship leaders can choose a powerful keyboard that will last for a long time without causing them to go over budget.
Why We Chose The RD-2000 Over Others
- Next-generation RD stage piano with two independent sound engines and modern controller features
- Dedicated acoustic piano sound engine with the latest Roland advancements provides authentic, richly detailed tone with full polyphony
- Second Supernatural-based sound engine with 128-voice polyphony for electric pianos and additional sounds (compatible with RD-800 Live Sets)
- Eight knobs with LED status indicators and nine sliders for real-time control of sounds and effects
- Eight fully assignable zones for combining internal sounds and external sources (including software instruments)
- PHA-50 keyboard features hybrid wood and molded construction for premium touch and lasting durability
- Classic electric pianos on board, including Roland’s legendary RD-1000 and MKS-20
- Over 1100 non-piano sounds, including organs, strings, brass, synths, and many others
- Two wave expansion slots for loading additional sounds from Roland’s Axial website, including sounds from previous RD-series pianos
- Two wave expansion slots for loading additional sounds downloaded from Roland’s Axial website. Power Consumption: 23 W
One of the most important things to look for when shopping for a keyboard for use in church is to choose one that offers great piano sounds, especially when it is going to be used in traditional services. Additionally, opting for one that offers additional non-piano sounds is a good option for contemporary services.
The Roland RD-2000 features more than 1100 non-piano sounds, including orchestral strings and synths, which provides musicians with a ton of power and control over what type of music and sounds they want to make. The dedicated acoustic piano sound engine is impressive and offers 128-voice polyphony. This means that musicians don’t have to worry about their sound being cut off during performances.
With 100-scene memories for musicians to enjoy one-touch recall, it’s easy to see how this powerful keyboard makes performing during any service a breeze. There’s even an included pedal for damper pedal operation, which helps make this keyboard sound more like an acoustic piano.
There are 4 pedal inputs, which provides the ability to use damper and expression pedals without a lot of difficult setups. Finally, the Roland RD-2000 offers complete control over all sounds and effects thanks to the faders, knobs, and buttons.
What We Like and Dislike About The Roland RD-2000
Like any keyboard, the Roland RD-2000 comes with its own set of pros and cons. One of the main benefits that musicians will enjoy when they opt for this powerful keyboard is that it offers a wide selection of incredible piano sounds, which is great for traditional and contemporary services.
Additionally, the aluminum body is durable and reliable, which means that the Roland RD-2000 won’t be damaged when moved around the church for practice and performance.
Because the Roland RD-2000 features such a huge library of different effects and sounds, musicians can easily create the custom tones that they are craving, adding life and interest to pieces.
Finally, this keyboard has 9 sliders as well as 8 knobs that are easy to use and make adjusting sound and tone fast and simple.
There are some downsides to the Roland RD-2000, and one is that the screen is really small, which makes it difficult to quickly check or change settings on the fly.
Additionally, some of the buttons and knobs are placed very close together, which can make it harder for some musicians to use this keyboard, especially if they have larger hands. Because the knobs can be difficult to operate without hitting buttons, it’s easy to accidentally change settings during performances.
Why We Feel You Should Consider This Keyboard
All in all, it’s easy to see why the Roland RD-2000 is clearly the best choice for any church looking to buy a Roland keyboard. As the most powerful and reliable keyboard on the market today, it’s worth every penny.
While it is a little more expensive than some other similar options, Roland is known for making high-quality equipment, and the Roland RD-2000 is no exception. It features Roland’s exceptional piano sound engine, which allows for impressive sound quality and control in any situations.
Both electric pianos and other sounds can enjoy the 128-polyphony that the Roland RD-2000 offers, which means that musicians never need to worry about dropping notes or their sound being cut-off. This instrument does the best job at replicating the sound and volume of a grand piano even though it is a much smaller and more portable option.
Additionally, it offers incredibly rich components like a comfortable hammer action keyboard with great touch and feels. The sounds that the Roland RD-2000 produces are high-quality and rich, allowing for an immersive musical experience every time the instrument is played. The rich sound quality is apparent throughout both the lower and the higher keys, resulting in a full and deep sound that is resonant and powerful enough to use during any church service.