Finding The Best Nord Keyboard For Your Church
Music is an integral part of any church service, but without the right equipment, it can be very difficult for the praise band to produce music that is moving, enveloping, and will make the congregation feel involved and connected.
One of the best ways to make sure that the music that a church produces during service is moving and beautiful is to make sure to invest in high-quality equipment that is not only easy to use, but also produces incredible sound. Every church will need different musical equipment, but more contemporary churches will likely want to consider looking for a Nord.
These are incredibly powerful digital stage pianos that offer great sound, tons of control, and look and respond perfectly. However, it can be really difficult to find the right Nord since there are a number of wonderful options on the market.
The Nord Stage 3 is one of the most popular and powerful options that any church can choose. It is packed with incredible features that really set it apart from other digital stage pianos, making it a great option for most any church. When you take time to learn more about this powerful digital stage piano, then you can easily choose if it is right for you.
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying A Nord For Your Church?
There are a few major considerations that you have to think about before you buy a new digital stage piano. This equipment is generally fairly expensive, so you need to make sure that you opt for the right piece of equipment for your church.
- Sounds and tones – a great digital stage piano will include a wide variety of different sounds and tones for you to choose from, which gives you great control over the way that your music sounds. It’s important to look for one that not only offers a lot of sounds but also offers great replicas of the basics.
- Polyphony – polyphony refers to how many notes can be played at the same time without any of the sound being cut or dropped off. Very skilled musicians will want to choose an instrument with high polyphony so that no sound is lost during any song.
- Display quality – a great display makes it much easier to play a digital stage piano, especially for beginners who may struggle to make selections and change settings. When a digital display is clear and easy to read, however, all musicians can easily adjust their settings and change their sound without a lot of trouble.
Why We Chose The Stage 3 Over Others
- Two super-clear OLED displays for on-stage clarity, seamless transitions when changing programs/sounds, extended Split functionality with optional crossfade, and the addition of the new Song List Mode
- Greatly enhanced Piano section features doubled memory (2 GB) for the exclusive Nord Piano Library, 120 voice polyphony and creative new Piano Filters
- Award-winning C2D Organ simulations B3 Tone wheel and Vintage Transistor Organs plus 2 new Principal Pipe Organs
- Synth section features the acclaimed Nord Lead A1 Synth Engine combined with Sample Playback and a brilliant OLED display for all Oscillator functions
- Effect section features a brand new Filter Effect, extended morphable parameters, an enhanced Delay effect and a separate Reverb and Compressor for each slot
The Nord Stage 3 is packed with great features that make it one of the best digital stage pianos on the market. One thing that every church is sure to love is that it boasts 2GB of memory, which allows users to easily add instrument sounds as necessary from the Nord Piano Library. This means that musicians can easily find the perfect sound for use during a particular song or church service. Additionally, it features two OLED displays that make it easy to control, navigate, and operate this powerful piece of equipment.
All of the vital functions that a musician will need to play this instrument have dedicated controls, which makes accessing them faster and easier than ever. There is even an expanded instrument selection that includes an incredible range of different folk instruments, pianos, voices, and strings, which means that this digital stage piano can be set up and used right away without a lot of additional voices being added. Finally, it operates as a piano, synthesizer, and organ, and provides exceptional control, especially since all three sound sections can be used at the same time for full and rich sounds that will be the perfect background to any musical performance.
What We Like and Dislike About This Keyboard
The Nord Stage 3 has a lot to like. One of the biggest pros of this powerful digital stage piano is that it offers a seamless transition feature. This means that users can easily switch between songs and programs without any gaps, which can keep the church service running smoothly.
Additionally, this Nord offers 120-voice polyphony, which means that notes won’t be dropped and all sounds will come through smoothly and clearly.
The Nord Stage 3 also offers an impressive morph feature. This feature may be a little advanced for new musicians, but some musicians can easily control reverb wet/dry mix, LFO control on filters, delay feedback, and rotary speed.
Finally, this digital stage piano has an 88-key fully weighted keyboard, which means that it feels like an acoustic piano and offers a full range of sounds.
There are some cons to the Nord Stage 3, and one is that it can be a little tricky for new users to learn all of the controls and settings. While it sounds great even without a lot of changes to the sound, learning adjustments, morphs, and how to use the synth settings is hard.
Additionally, the Nord Stage 3 is much more expensive than some churches can easily afford. The higher price tag can be a real turn off for some people and put this digital stage piano out of reach.
Why We Feel You Should Buy The Nord Stage 3
While the Nord Stage 3 is a little more expensive than other digital stage pianos that you can buy, it is also the most powerful, impressive, and reliable option on the market today. No matter the size of the church where this equipment will be used, it’s the perfect option for helping to carry and perform the music for any service or special event.
It is packed with features such as split zones and crossfade functionality, allowing advanced musicians to control different areas of the digital piano to produce varying sounds, which can bring certain songs to life.
Additionally, this digital stage piano boasts incredible effects, an impressive synth section, and organ and piano sections that are sure to more than meet the needs of any church. Not only can it produce music on its own, but the Nord Stage 3 can even be used to control any external devices that are connected to it.
This means that any MIDI-connected gear is integrated with the instruments of the Nord Stage 3, allowing musicians to recall them during performances, layer, and split them just like with other sounds and songs. All in all, it’s impossible to find any digital stage piano that is anywhere near as powerful and impressive as the Nord Stage 3.