Finding The Best Bose Speakers For Church Sanctuaries
One of the primary goals of Easy Church Tech is to provide pastors and church leaders with the information they need to make quality decisions about church technology.
Being a small church pastor myself I understand that many of us do not have the resources available to us when it comes to these things. We don’t have a Church Tech Administrator or even a professional sound guy to help us in this regard.
That is why I decided to do some research to find out which is the best Bose speakers for church sound systems.
Hopefully, this article will give you the information you need to get the best Bose speakers for your church.
I believe, the Bose 802 Series IV Panaray PA Loudspeakers are the best choice for your church because of
- their stellar sound quality
- their versatility
- their many excellent features (listed below)
Product Overview The Panaray® 802® Series IV
- Full-Range-Driver Array eliminates tweeters and crossovers for unsurpassed reliability in harsh environments and vocal clarity.
- 8x Bose 4.5-inch full-range drivers for legendary reliability
- 120 x 100 Articulated Array design covers an extensive area, which can reduce the number of loudspeakers required.
- 52 Hz – 15 kHz Frequency Range eliminates the need for subwoofers for moderate full-range music levels.
- 123 dB Peak SPL for sound-reinforcement and foreground music
- Rugged, lightweight enclosure with threaded inserts for easy installations
- Weather-Rated design for indoor or outdoor installations
- Requires active equalization
There is an abundance of help provided for you by BOSE.
The following downloads are available.
Who Will Receive The Most Benefit From The Panaray Series IV?
A small church or even a house church will be the best venue for these speakers. Of course, common sense tells us that the larger the venue, the more speakers you will need!
One speaker sells for around $750.00 on Ebay.
I list the technical details here for those musicians who want to know what it’s made of and what makes it work.
- System Performance Frequency Range (–10 dB)1 52 Hz – 15 kHz
- Recommended High-Pass Protection Filter 55 Hz with minimum 12 dB / octave filter
- Nominal Coverage Pattern 120° H x 100° V Loudspeaker EQ Active EQ required for optimal performance
- Overload Protection Power limiting circuit (non-fused; automatic reset)
- Bose extended-lifecycle test2 AES component test3
- Power Handling, long-term continuous 240 W 300 W Power Handling, peak 960 W 1200 W Free field
- Free field Sensitivity (SPL / 1 W @ 1 m)4 92 dB 92 dB Calculated Maximum SPL @ 1 m5 116 dB 117 dB Calculated Maximum SPL @ 1 m, peak 122 dB 123 dB Transducers
- Full-range drivers 8 x Bose 4.5” (114 mm) full-range cone transducers
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Physical Enclosure Material Mineral-reinforced HDPE Grille Powder-coated steel grille
- Environmental Outdoor per IEC 529 IP55
- Connectors 2 x Neutrik® NL4 wired parallel Suspension / Mounting 8 x M8 threaded inserts (two back, two bottom, four sides)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 336 mm x 523 mm x 335 mm (13.3” x 20.5” x 13.2” )
- Net Weight 13.6 kg (30 lbs) Shipping Weight 17.2
What Do Church Musicians, Pastors And Leaders Like And Dislikes About The Panaray Speakers?
One reviewer said, “Very clear, strong sound. Wish it carried a little more bass. Otherwise, love these speakers.”
Others said, “very good,” “awesome” and “don’t look farther than BOSE.”
It offers a fantastic sound in a small setting.
One musician, a self- proclaimed “sound fanatic,” said that he would not consider them for a church or auditorium. Perhaps that is merely his preference. He gave me no reasons for his viewpoint.
What Things Should I Consider Before Purchasing The Bose Panaray Speakers?
If your church or group has the budget for it, you may purchase a controller to make the sound better…. or, if you don’t use it that is ok too.
It is a passive speaker. You will need a 250 Watts RMS or a better power amplifier for it to operate efficiently (for better sound).
The size of your church/venue where the speakers will be used is the primary consideration as to whether or whether not you choose the Bose 802 Series IV Panaray PA Loudspeakers.
Why Should I Purchase These Speakers For My Church?
First, the sound quality is unsurpassed! Do consider the Bose 802 Series IV Panaray PA Loudspeakers for your small church or study group. They are a good fit for an apartment, condo or house as well.
In summary, the following reviewer explains it very well, I think. (I have only changed the names of churches or organizations mentioned in this review.)
“I set a pair of 802s next to an expensive pair of another brand and was able to switch between the two while listening to a choir, and various other vocal groups, and I could hear distinct improvement! I was shocked at the difference, being able to pick out individual voices and different sounds the other speakers, at $500 each, did not reproduce!
Also, just because they can handle 240 Watts RMS each doesn’t mean you have to drive them that hard, as some would have you believe. I’ve been installing sound systems since 1958 and was told I was the only student ever to design and purchase and redo their high school’s 1,700 seat auditorium in the Los Angeles USD. Bose: you can’t go wrong!”
This convinced me, and perhaps you too, that the best Bose speakers for church sound systems are the Bose 802 Series IV Panaray PA Loudspeakers. Bose is known for the best quality sound with the highest clarity available on the market today. Many people in your church will be served and blessed using the BOSE 802 Series IV Panaray PA Loudspeakers.